I took both the Holga and the Diana along when we hiked up Tucumcari Mountain in late September. I’d forgotten about those images until I rounded up a few spent rolls that I had in the car and took them to Apertures this week. The image above was shot with the Holga. The trippy colors are what you get when you expose a roll of expired Agfa film to a sunny New Mexico morning.
The Diana was sporting a roll of TMax that morning. In that dazzling sunlight, she graciously accommodated me with one of her trademark light leaks, yielding this ethereal view of a sunflower growing wild on the mountain:
I got some interesting neon shots on these rolls, too, but it’s a cold night, I’ve worked hard all week, and I hear a fluffy down comforter calling my name.
Hope your week was good and your weekend is even better.
1. I’m a fourth of the way through my big project for work. Since Zaphod isn’t expecting me to have it done for at least another month, I’m in good shape. I expect to have at least a third of it finished by the time he gets back from vacation, which should make him happy. I’d hoped to do the whole thing by Wednesday, but I can’t get all the information I need by then.
2. Ron and I are almost finished updating our share of the Dining and Lodging Guide, which we have been working on for two days. Another day should see us clear on that.
3. We added a second hive body to the newer beehive in the backyard yesterday. The first was completely full and covered with burr comb on the top. This is the most productive year I’ve ever seen for honey.
4. We’re harvesting honey from our oldest hive tomorrow. I’m way excited about this, as we are test-driving the new extractor.
5. I have to start a batch of pickles this afternoon. I was planning to do my canning later in the season, but the cucumber vines had other ideas. Hopefully I can start the pickles now and let them work for a few days while I clear the rest of the really pressing projects off my plate.
6. I need to mow the lawn.
7. I’d rather spend this afternoon playing with my new Diana camera, which came in today. (That’s No. 78 on my 101 Things list….)
Hope you’re having a productive day.