1. This is what a retired racing greyhound does when you leave him unsupervised for six and a half hours:
2. Heavener Runestone State Park is gorgeous.
3. Being lost on unfamiliar backroads is fun.
4. A small, fuzzy, black spider has been hanging out on the storm door on our front porch for two days. It’s sort of cute, in a spidery way.
5. Is it weird that I carry a tape measure and a can of WD-40 in my purse? ‘Cos some boys from church laughed at me when I pulled them out yesterday while searching for my Swiss Army knife.
6. I may get a chance to do some wasp wrangling in the near future. Words cannot begin to describe how excited I am about this possibility. Wasps? From a bucket lift? Yes, please! Bee suit or no, that is some seriously gonzo volunteer work.
7. One of the greatest moments in music history occurred on this date in 1972:
Pay special attention to the piano. It’s amazing.