OK … here is a chance for one lucky reader to win a fabulous prize: I am trying to help some folks put together a possible future event, and I am taking an informal survey to find out what people think about small-town festivals and activities.
I would very much appreciate it if y’all would take a few minutes to answer the survey questions and e-mail me your answers. I will enter participants’ names into a drawing for a prize (to be determined later, but possibly involving a sock monkey).
Here we go:
1. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least and 5 being the most, to what extent do each of the following factors affect your decisions about which events to attend on a given weekend?
D. Crowd size
E. Type of activities
F. Proximity to other points of interest
2. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best, how much do you like the following types of events?
* Car shows
* Cookoffs (please specify type — chili, barbecue, apple pie, etc.)
* Children’s events (please specify your kids’ favorites)
* Craft shows
* Antique shows
* Pet events (please specify — parades, costume contests, shows, etc.)
* Carnival rides
* Holiday events (please specify the holiday and the event)
* Information fairs
* Ice-cream socials
* Concerts by local performers
* Art exhibits
* 5K races
* Bus tours
* Walking tours
* Poetry readings
* Golf scrambles
* Home tours
* Educational events (please specify)
* Flea markets
* Petting zoos
* Sidewalk sales
* Other (please specify)
3. What was the best festival you’ve ever attended, and what made it special? Was there anything organizers could have done to improve it?
4. If you could do just one thing to make visitors feel welcome in your community, what would it be?
When you’ve completed the survey, please e-mail it to me at sundayjohn66 (at) mac (dot) com. I would like to have your answers by noon Tuesday if possible. Also, if you could tell me your location and approximate age (under 16, 17-25, 26-35, 36-50, 51-60, or over 60), that would be a big help.
Thanks a bunch,