I love this week’s 10 on Tuesday topic: 10 Things You Can Do Instead of Watching TV.
The topic was apparently inspired by the TV writers’ strike, which has had exactly zero impact on my life. We canceled our cable seven years ago, and I haven’t watched TV on a regular basis since Murphy Brown went off the air. If I had anything to say about it, we’d have an old Philco Predicta Continental sitting in the living room, and never mind that even a mint-condition model won’t pick up a signal when everything goes high-def next year. When you’ve got sleek Danish Modern lines, you don’t need talking pictures.
With that in mind, here’s my list … and this is just stuff I’ve done this evening:
1. Watch my gerbil explore her new cage.
2. Sort my latest batch of Holga prints. (Scans forthcoming sometime this week.)
3. Kiss the velvety-soft fur just behind my collie mutt’s ears.
4. Make a salad.
5. Bake some potatoes for dinner.
6. Make a batch of peppermint bark.
7. Take a nap.
8. Call my sister.
9. Read the Monitor.
What about you? What do you do with your evenings?
P.S.: Eight days to p/c camp!