In my recent barrage of housecleaning and decluttering, I found some Route 66 items that are either duplicates of things I already have or are things I am tired of storing/displaying and would like to share with someone else.
In the interest of making sure these things go to good homes where they will be loved and appreciated, I am going to use them as prizes in Route 66 trivia contests.
Here’s the first contest. First person to post with all the correct answers wins a necklace (handmade by yours truly) with a pendant containing a piece of the road.
1. Where on Route 66 will you find a sign that says “Doofnac Xemi”?
2. Doofnac Xemi is an anagram for what?
3. I need a bottle of Yoo-Hoo, a package of Rit dye, a can of Strongheart dog food, a new jacket, a ham sandwich, and a flat of petunias. Where on Route 66 can I buy all these items in a single location?
4. How many patties are on the Big Okie at Hank’s Hamburgers?
5. It’s Thursday night. I’m sitting next to a bunch of steelworkers, eating free chicken wings in one of the oldest bars on Route 66. Where am I?
P.S.: Don’t forget: To prevent spammers from commandeering my blog, all posts are held in moderation, so if your answers don’t appear the minute you click “submit,” don’t resend the information. Your message will appear after I’ve approved it.