WOW … there is SO much going on in the yard today!
I went out to see what was happening after Ron put the dogs out and announced that there was a dandelion blooming in the back yard. It wasn’t just blooming — it had already gone to seed!
I got dressed and went out to see what else was happening in my yard. Here is what I found:
1. The dandelion
2. Some kind of groundcover behind the back fence
3. Two kinds of garlic coming up
4. Purple deadnettle blooming
6. An old wasp’s nest and a spider web with egg sacs in it next to the front door
7. Some kind of plant coming up in the flower bed (I don’t know what it is; probably a weed)
8. Wild carrot
9. A sapling (I don’t know what kind) putting out buds. Funny … I never even noticed this thing growing next to the house, and it’s already taller than I am!
10. Those berries I was talking about the other day. Upon inspecting the leaves more closely, I realized it’s definitely not holly — the leaves are too thin and not glossy and rigid like holly — but I still have no idea what it is. Pretty, anyway.
Oh, and I heard the rooster this morning, too. We think he’s probably a little guy, because he isn’t very loud.
It’s a beautiful day, and I’m going to go spend part of it with my friend Beverly and her dog. Maybe we can go for a walk and soak up some of this gorgeous sunshine.
I’d better get offline here. I need to take a shower, figure out where I put my clicker and Scout’s old training leash, and pick up a jar of bacon bits.
If I have time this weekend, I’m going to walk along the river trail and take some pictures. A guy at work told me a trick to make my camera turn sunlight into diamonds sparkling on the water, and I want to see if I can do it. I’ll post it here if I figure it out.
Have a good day, and go play outside for a few minutes. See what there is in your yard to make you smile.